To start this community, I have decided to give you a delicious recipe I found! I will probably try to make it today, and then I'll give you my verdict...but it sounds delicious all the same.
3 eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
1 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2/3 cup superfine sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray 24 madeleine molds with a non-stick coating.
2. In the small bowl of an electric mixer, beat the eggs and yolk and the sugar at high speed until pale and thick, about 5 minutes.
3. Beat in the lemon juice, vanilla, and salt. Gradually fold in the flour until it is well mixed. Drizzle the butter over the batter and thoroughly fold it in.
4. Cover the bowl and refrigerate the batter for 30 minutes.
5. Spoon 1 tablespoon batter into each mold. Do not spread the batter out.
6. Bake the madeleines on a baking sheet for 20 to 25 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned and a cake tester inserted into the center of one madeleine comes out clean.
7. Carefully loosen the edges of the madeleines with a knife. Invert onto a rack to cool. Madeleines are best served the day they are baked.